Attention all young women writers (I’m looking at you, Ellen and Sabrina and Ariell) — author Stephanie Dray is hosting the Cleopatra Literary Contest for Young Women.
Click the link and go to her website for full details, but here are some highlights:
* Deadline is March 1st.
* There are two categories for women ages 13-18 and 19-22.
* You do not need to be a US Resident to win.
* Entries must be based on a theme (see site for details) and are limited to 2000 words.
* Short stories, essays, poems, and excerpts from novels and novellas are welcome.
* Prizes are $100 cash or an e-reader, along with mentorship and a feature on Stephanie’s website.
Intrigued? I know you are. You can write 2000 words…EASY. You ALL can do this. There is no entry fee. I’ll be seriously disappointed if you don’t even try! Come on, girls. Kick some butt. Tell them the Princess sent you.
Click here for details: Cleopatra Literary Contest for Young Women
3 thoughts on “Contest for Young Women Writers”
Cool. Just forwarded to folks in my Creative Writing class….
I second this post!
Thank you, Stephanie!
You’re doing a wonderful thing here. xox